Post by Zuka on Aug 5, 2014 13:09:26 GMT -5
OCC:• Like anything, you must read the rule before joining and if you don't its not hard to tell. Once you read the rules you may want to look around and check out a few other important areas like the plots and any other stickied threads. They are usually full of important information.
• Republic Noir is more than just a Rpg, its a community. We would be nothing without our members and we strive to bring them a fun and exciting experience so please feel free to share ideas, ask questions etc. Nothing is out of the questions as long as you respect the other members.
• Lack of activity on the board (even if you log in) for over a month will not be tolerated unless you give a reason either in the LOA board or send a admin a pm explaining why. It causes lulls in plot progression and I have seen major plot ideas fall through because a important character just disappeared and never returned. If you know you will be gone for a period of time just let us know or if you don't think you can devote the time to playing a canon we have plenty of other options to choose from.
• Get your character sheet up within two weeks even if you must place "WIP" (or similar) in the title. We want to know you didn't simply join and ditch. Also note that if you post an in character thread or post prior to acceptance, you will find those threads PM'd to you and deleted. Staff is on every other day, if not daily. You may PM us or say something in the c-box only if no recognition has been given within three days.
* You may reserve a character for one week without posting a WIP application before the reservation is taken down and the character is put back up for adoption
* Given the fact that we are a forum that uses canons, if you choose a canon as a character and do not post a sheet or post a sheet as a W.I.P and do not finish it within seven days (unless you notify a admin)you will loose that character and it will go back to the list of available characters. It is not fair to new members who want that character and are able and willing to finish the character application.
• Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in a warning and then deletion if it continues. This means no pestering someone to reply to a thread if the person has told you they are not able to at that point in time, messaging advertisements and links to other sites without permission, trolling or any other forms. If a member comes to a admin with proof that another member has been harassing them actions will be taken.
• Avatars may be no larger than 175 x 300 and no smaller than 100 x 100. Signatures may not be longer than 500 pixels or taller than 260 pixels. Anymore will stretch the boards or increase the need to scroll. Signatures must also be of your character OR a quote or something of the like. Anime or cartoon face claims is not permitted. Nudity and other offensive content are absolutely prohibited from signatures.
Should you want to use a photo of a cosplay that is acceptable as long as it follows the Proboards TOS. If it is based in real life IE: Cosplay or some other medium (movies, live action tv shows) it will be allowed.
Cbox avatars have no restrictions, they are OCC and do not interfere with the overall image of the board. The only thing we ask is to be mindful of others when choosing a avatar and please no flashing gifs for those sensitive to strobe lighting.
Posting:• Posts should be at least one paragraph (100 words) at the very least. Try to give as much detail as you can without rambling; describe the surroundings, actions, thoughts, speech, etc. I do ask that, if someone posts a longer post, you try to meet their length at least by half.
• Posts should be checked for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Nobody's perfect, so slip-ups are allowed, but there's a difference between that and being careless.
* If you wish to jump into a thread that you were not previously a part of you must get permission from all players involved. If you jump into a thread without permission your post will be removed and actions will be taken, it is not fair to the other players who have a direction they plan on going on who suddenly find they have to rework everything to include another player that randomly popped up.
• Posts should be written in third person. It's usually easier to read a post and get into your own character's mindset without the constant use of "I" or "you" in the narration of the post you're replying to.
• The starter post of a thread should contain a time stamp (date.) This keeps story lines in order.
* Colored text is allowed but if it interferes with the quality of the post (is hard to read) you will be asked to change it.
• Power playing, controlling another person's character, and god modding, being all powerful and all knowing (even if the other character only thought something, yours knows it without a real reason), will not be tolerated. Unless,pre-arranged with the other player; please make note of it so we know. I can not stress this enough.
• if your characters are going to get physical, pass the kissing point please post fade to black to comply with the terms of service of Proboards.
• You may not kill another character without his RP-ers permission. There is also to be no pushing for another character to die. I have been involved in a case in the past where I was thinking about killing my character, another person jumped the gun and kept asking, "When's ___ going to die?" I ended up killed my character because I felt forced to. But, if someone disappears who is part of a major sub-plot or two for your characters, don't hesitate to ask the admins for advice. We will come up with a way to write that character out so the plots can continue.
• Don't take it personally if a character antagonizes yours or doesn't reciprocate a crush. It's just the other role-player attempting to keep his character in character, not him hating you.
* A member is only allowed four characters total. This is to make sure there ample opportunities for plot development as well as allowing a wider variety of canon characters to be available for potential members. Exceptions will be allowed to the total number of allowed characters with staff permission, if you wish to have more than the given four characters please contact a staff member and discuss the possibility with them.
*In order to have more than four characters you must prove that you are able to keep up with your current characters.
* Should you wish to play a LOK canon that is not listed in our available canon let a staff member know.
Rule Code: Probending